Tuesday, April 10, 2012

5 Days 'til Departure!

As the travelers count down the days, I'm sure that for many of us, the pre-trip jitters are starting to set in.

"I hope I don't forget anything."

"Who do I need to bring back gifts for?"

"Who do I know who has one of those charger things I can borrow?"

"What do I still need to buy before I leave?"

"I better do this laundry!"

As was recommended at the last meeting we had at our fearless leader's home, I found myself navigating to dontforgetyourtoothbrush.com which I have found to be hugely helpful. Some of the suggestions they put on the suggested list don't apply and some were downright amusing. I don't think I'll be shutting off the pump on my personal pond, preparing my greenhouse, or packing my overalls for this trip! It's nice that you can customize your list by deleting their suggestions and adding your own. For any travelers who haven't set up an account with dontforgetyourtoothbrush, I'll say that it has definitely put me at ease as I prepare myself for leading this educational & cultural journey.

Just for fun, I'll share my lists with you.... (note: still a work in progress!) Maybe this will help someone remember something or folks can remind me of things I'm forgetting (This means YOU, Miss Cote!)!!

1 WEEK BEFORE
Call Lawnmower Repair Place
Mow Lawn
Call Phone company
Call Health Insurance
Buy sunglasses
Meet up with Shelli to borrow travel power adapter
Charge phone card
e-mail itinerary to Uncle Paul
Get a good recommendation for a book to download on ipad

1 DAY BEFORE
Put tags on bags
Leave copy of passport at home

NIGHT BEFORE
Pack!
Charge Batteries for ipad, camera, phone
Set out travel clothes

AS YOU LEAVE
Move cat food bowl to floor with 1.5 scoops
Leave porch light on
Turn down/off heat

Packing List
Athletic shorts
10 miler long sleeve tee
Student information folder
IPad
Kinvaras (running sneakers)
Medium bag
Wallet
Camera battery charger
Small "Europe" bag
iPad charger
3 pair smartwool socks
Foreign Plug Adaptors
Umbrella
Bathing Suit
2 pairs jeans
1 pair dress pants
1 button up shirt
1 tie
1 undershirt
1 hoodie
8 pairs underwear
Don't Forget Your Toothbrush!
lotion
Toothpaste
Deodorant
Walking Shoes
Watch
Raincoat
Hat or Cap
6 pair cotton Socks
black Jacket
1 Belt
1 pair Shorts
8 T-Shirts
Itinerary
Photocopies of passport and insurance policy
Mobile Phone Charger
Mobile Phone
Camera
iPod Water Bottle
First Aid Kit
Vitamin supplements
Sunglasses
Snacks for journey

Good luck to everyone else putting together your lists and I look forward to seeing folks in the Renaissance parking lot on Sunday!!!

-Mr. Galanis

1 comment: