Monday, March 5, 2012

Pre-Trip post from Linnell

As the date quickly approaches school becomes harder and harder. Everything has been a count down: a count down till my next vacation, a count down until I can be in London again, a count down until I get get to see my cousins, aunt, and uncle again, and a count down to the comforting atmosphere of airports that I sometimes feel I have grown up in. I am not one to over plan for something but I have gone through packing, arriving in London, checking in, re-packing, going to the Eurostar, repacking and getting back on a plane over and over again in my mind. Everything is a list; a list I go over again and again. Unfortunately I'm one to pack at the last minute, but as April draws closer I find myself buying clothes and shoes that I know will be good articles for our trip.
  
London is one of those places that gets better every time. I learn more and more about it in school, so when you get there it is like enacting skills you have only read about. London is such an amazing city. Somehow there is a enormous metropolitan area along with rolling countryside, jammed into an area smaller than Rhode Island. The city also manages to combine classic and ancient bits of this great country with very modern and cutting edge ideas. It reminds me of Rome. When you walked the streets you could be on a street with brand new cars and new construction, then take a right turn and there's a beautifully painted church from the Renaissance. I guess that  is what happens when you are in a city that is thousands of years old.
  
All in all I'm excited for London. Not just to return to my favorite city but to share this amazing experience with my closest friends.

~Linnell
Grade 10

No comments:

Post a Comment